Once again thanks to Bookish Penguin for creating this!
Five Things I’m Grateful For
1. Charles. He cleaned our bathroom this weekend, something he hates doing more then anything in the world, just because I didn’t want to do it. Best husband ever!
2. Colin’s love of books. We go to the library just about weekly now to pick out our story books for the week. He loves finding his new books for the week and picking out which stories we read each night. I love that he loves books like I love books.
3. Colin being Colin, we are gearing up for a donation pick up on Tuesday that happens a few times a year. Every time they come by I try to clean out some stuff and share it with folks who maybe don’t have as much as we do. I’ve never really included Colin in this, but this time we went through his clothes together and he happily gave up what needed to go and then Sunday we started on his toys. He was ready to hand it all over when I told him it was going to kids who didn’t have as much as we do. I think he also thought he would get to replace everything but we cleared that up and still happily cleaned out his growing toy area. Most 2 (almost 3) year olds I’ve met would have freaked out and been screaming at the idea of giving any toys away.
4. Cooler weather, it’s supposed to be in the 70s by the end of the week, I can’t wait!
5. Everything we have. I know this is cheesy but whenever we stack up donations I think about how lucky we are to have everything we have and to be in a position to give. We have been so lucky that in this shitty economy we’ve not really been impacted. My husband has a great job he loves and I have a growing business. We have a great house and everything we could we want. I don’t say this to brag I just think it’s important to appreciate things like this when so many are struggling we are able to stay above water.
Four Things I Can’t Stop Thinking About
1. How excited I am that I’ll be making our last student loan payment this month. It’s like a raise (a big one).
2. That I wish I could freeze time so I could just sit down and read my books. I’ve got so many I want to read and that are just waiting on my bookshelf for me.
3. Fall cooking, I’m really excited for soups and things baked. When it’s 115 I don’t have much desire to turn on my oven so now that it’s cooling off I’m ready for yummy baked goodness.
4. Running…my back hurts so I don’t want to run, but my back hurts because I’m not running. It’s just not cool.
Three Things I Want To Accomplish This Week
1. Run 3 days!
3. Finish birthday shopping for Colin (at least we have a theme now and decorations)
Two Things I Am Working To Be Positive About
1. That I’ll actually run.
2. That I’ll actually get the books I have from the library read.
One Random Thing
1. We’re signing Colin up to play soccer, I can’t believe the first session we can get into is January and that we need to have him registered by 10/18. That’s bananas!